Good old banana bread.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar (could use 1/4 cup sugar + 1/4 cup honey)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup yogurt (could substitute with 1/2 cup milk + 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts or sunflower seeds chopped (optional)
- a handful of flax seeds (optional)
Bake at 350˚F for 20 – 30 minutes
- In a large bowl, whisk 1 egg. Add 1/2 cup sugar. Whisk again.
- Add 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1/4 cup oil. Mix thoroughly.
- Add 1/2 cup yogurt and mix until its well incorporated into the batter. Next add the 2 mashed bananas and mix again.
- Now add 1 cup white flour and 1/2 cup whole wheat flour. To it, sift 1 teaspoon baking powder and 1 teaspoon baking soda.
- At this point, you could either add 1/2 cup walnuts or 1/2 cup sunflower seeds. To that you could also add a handful of flax-seeds. I usually add walnuts and flax-seeds but this time I’m throwing in some sunflower seeds.
- Let your mixture sit for 5 -10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the pan. Grease it with vegetable oil and cut out some parchment paper to fit. Bake at 350˚F for 20 – 30 minutes or until wooden skewer comes out relatively clean with a few crumbs.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and remove from pan.